Tuesday 6 May 2014

Burnley FC End of Season review


Burnley FC End of Season review.

 This is a post I started writing at the begining of the 2013-14 season when Burnley FC had played just a few games.  I never published it but it's interesting to look back on now we are going up.

Congratulations to the players and Sean Dyche.

Yes, Burnley live again!  I thought we would have the usual opening day draw then go on an uncomfortable winless run until we loose to a relegation favourite, then go on a really good run.
Then we'd get near the play-offs and then have another winless run, followed by a slight upturn to get our hopes up, then fail for the play-offs and finish exactly mid-table.
It seems this time, however, things are  slightly different.  I would have preferred a win at home on the opening day but an away win so early in the season should be remarked upon.  That was good. There, I remarked upon it.
And it looks like we have another Burnley legend in Danny Ings.  Not only has the Burnley striker knocked in few goals in the first three games, but he has also made a name for himself by giving his boots away.
So after two games we sit on fourth position, so lets try and keep it up until after Christmas when the collapse can begin.
Also we need to beat dirty leeds (all lowercase for lack of respect) and more importantly b*****d rovers (same lack of respect thing).
If that happens I'll need a lie down, shortly preceded by several Spanish beers.  "Why Spanish?" you may ask. Because I live in Spain now.  How will I watch the games? I don't know yet as I can't get UK TV right now and Spanish TV folks aren't that bothered about the NPower Championship for some reason.

Weird eh?

COYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment